Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Favorite Recipe


Growing up, Mom always needed a little help in the kitchen. She prepared many meals for my sisters, my Dad and I. As we grew older, each one of us (I was one of six kids) had a day to prepare dinner for the family. I started to experiment, and grew to love cooking!

My favorite meal to prepare is baked chicken and potatoes. Yum! It was fun to make, and even more fun to eat. I added a little cheese to the potatoes and ranch dressing for a little twist. This recipe was definitely a keeper.

In honor of cooking, and because I grew to love cooking as a kid, Riley County Extension is hosting a Kids Cooking Camp. This day camp will be held at the Riley Centre, June 22-26, from 9-noon each day. Kids will get to explore the world of cooking and learn about food safety, kitchen utensil ID, shopping on a budget, selecting ingredients, measuring and other cooking skills.

This camp is for current 3-5 graders. A registration form can be found at www.riley.ksu.edu and the cost to attend is $30. Only 25 students will be accepted, and registration will close on June 10. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment