Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Intern says "Farewell"

I began this blog a few months ago as part of my internship with Riley County Extension. I originally intended to do most of the posting throughout the semester and then have the other agents post more and more after I left. However, due to some unexpected “agent enthusiasm,” I have had little need to post anything this semester! I’m glad that we have some actively posting agents in the county and I hope that we get some more blog followers and readers in the months and years to come. The blog is a great way to stay connected and informed of Extension events and resources.

Before I officially take my name off the as an author of the blog, I’d just like to take this time (and blog space) to say how wonderful my experiences with Riley County Extension have been this semester. I have gotten the opportunity to work on many different projects and programs and have enjoyed every one of them. The internship was a great learning experience for me and makes me feel even more prepared to enter the “real world” after I graduate from K-State this summer. Everyone at Riley County Extension made me feel welcomed and valued during my time here, and it will be sad to leave. I highly recommend looking into Riley County Extension to any prospective interns out there – it’s a great place to be, and I couldn’t have had a better internship experience anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment